Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hats galore!

Well, I finally learned Magic Loop! It was really easy and certainly a handy technique to know. My first attempt resulted in a hat that was too small for any of the kids. I guess that's what I get for not checking my gauge! It did give me some experience though, so it wasn't all that bad. Plus, I have a hat already made for a baby present! :) Here's the hat:



Yes, that is the same yarn I'm using for Joe's Lover's Knot Afghan. (You'll need to be registered with Lion Brand's website to see their free patterns.) The Cascade Eco Wool is just fabulous. The pattern was really easy, and a super quick knit. You can find it here: Simplest Cap of All. After the tiny one, I made another for Joe out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky. He loved it and even took it back with him after R&R! My mom has requested a hat also, so I'm going to use the same Wool-Ease Chunky. It's warm, but also machine washable. She requested a cream color, so I'm going to use wheat:



Not everything I knit is in muted colors, I promise! It just seems that everyone is requesting creams and tans right now. Joe's hat was green, but I forgot to snap a picture before he took it back with him. KnitPicks recently came out with their new Felici colors, and I'm hoping to get some to tackle my first pair of socks. I'm looking forward to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!