Saturday, February 28, 2009

Excited, yet terrified

For the past day or two, my husband and I have been discussing an idea I approached him with. I guess I should start at the beginning. Recently, I ordered some beautiful new sock yarn from KnitPicks. I am waiting on my Imagination sock yarn in Mermaid Lagoon. Isn't it beautiful?



I can't wait to get my hands on it! This will be my first attempt at socks, and I am really, really excited! You must be asking, what does this have to do with being terrified? LOL Aside from worrying about frogging the heck out of my first socks, nothing. I'm getting to my point. Anyway, I started looking online for a swift and a ball winder. It's amazing how expensive some yarn swifts are! Then I started thinking...my husband has wanted to get some woodworking tools and set up a workshop for a long time now. We are going to have some extra money soon, so why not suggest he buy them? He works so hard for our family, it's about time he has something for himself. So, I mentioned that I had been looking online and suggested that he could have a little side business making some different items that we could sell online. He loved the idea! So now we are getting things together to start our own business! It's really exciting, but also pretty scary. I mean, luckily there is little risk involved for us. He enjoys woodworking, so he'll use any tools or wood that we buy. Eventually I'd like to learn to spin and expand our business to spindles and possibly even handspun and hand-dyed yarns! However, if it didn't sell, I could just knit with it myself. Oh no! LOL I think it will be okay...but it's still a bit terrifying. Only time will tell! Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!