Monday, April 19, 2010

On being a slacker and having goals.

Yes, yes, I have been the ultimate slacker. Here it is, 2010, and I haven't even posted a single thing to my blog. Well, that's about to change. For the next 30 days, I am going to post something every day. I've been thinking a lot lately about how much of a procrastinator I am. For example, my super-wonderful-awesomely-amazing husband's blanket:

blankie

According to Ravelry, I started it all the way back in October of 2008. It was supposed to be a present for our 5th wedding anniversary. As much as I love this man, this blanket is just not one of my favorites. I love the pattern, love doing cables...but each row takes me 15-30 minutes to do. Now, if I just sat down and did 1 inch every day, I could be done with the darn thing in a little over a month. But no, instead I look at it while I'm knitting him a hat, or think of it while I'm knitting a new pair of socks for one of the girls. Well, last night I finally pulled it out and worked on it. The smile he had on his face was enough to make me want to work on that blanket 24 hours a day to get it finished! So, guess what I'm going to be doing today? LOL You guessed it!

Oh, and guess what? WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Yup, you heard me. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll show you a few pics of the remodeling we've done so far and share some of my ideas for it tomorrow. Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!