Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October!

I love October so very much! It is my favorite month of the entire year. October is like the kick-off of our celebration season. The hubby and our youngest daughter both have birthdays in October. On the same day! Then shortly after that is Halloween, which is always a fun time. November brings a visit from my mom this year, which we are looking forward to so much! This will be her first time to Colorado. She's going to have a blast out here. After that comes Thanksgiving and all the yummy treats and food I'll be making. Then...Christmas!! This family celebrates the Santa-Christmas, not the Jesus-Christmas. So we will be decorating the house and tree, making presents for each other, and just spending time together as a family.

Colorado is just beautiful this time of year. The leaves are turning marvelous shades of gold, red, and orange. Our oldest is taking a trip to a nearby pumpkin patch with school next week. She is really looking forward to that!

On the knitting front, I recently finished my Column of Leaves hat, along with the Trio of Hats I was making for the girls. It turns out the oldest doesn't want her pink hat anymore, which is fine because I made the youngest's hat a bit too small to cover her ears. So she will get the pink hat that the oldest wanted me to make, and oldest will get another one. The hat she asked for sounds like it will be a bit hideous, but if she wants it, I will make it. LOL I'll get some pictures of my Column of Leaves hat taken tonight when the hubby gets home so I can update Ravelry and post them here, along with a link to the pattern.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. My fingers are a bit too cold to type right now. I think I need to go cast on for the convertible mittens I want to make!! :) Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!