Friday, July 31, 2009

Completion!

Yaaaay! I can't believe my socks are actually finished! There are quite a few things that are far from perfect, but I like them. I tried something different on each sock to get an idea of what works best for me. I think I like a sewn bind off better than binding off the way I normally do. However, I think I did the sewn bind off a little too loose. I had to redo the bind off on the first sock, and it still turned out almost too tight. I was worried that the second would be too tight, so I went really loose. Also, I almost ran out of yarn on sock number 2! So I didn't get to do as much ribbing on the cuff as the first sock. That makes it not stay on as well. I also need to do the ribbing with a smaller needle, which I don't have. Luckily I ordered a smaller needle from KnitPicks yesterday, along with some more yarn, so my next socks should tun out a bit better. Ready for some pictures? Here we go!




I'm really excited about my socks! I think next will be some socks for the girls out of KnitPicks' Unicorn. I'm also going to be making them all hats, scarves, and mittens, along with a set for myself. The yarn is on its way, so hopefully I can start soon! Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!