Monday, August 24, 2009

Second mitten syndrome

Most knitters have heard of second sock syndrome...the dreaded curse of not wanting to finish the mate to that wonderful sock you just knit. Well, I am having second mitten syndrome, and it's horrible! I've been working on winter gear for the munchkins. So far I have finished K's hat (that's a Ravelry link) and a mitten. I still have to finish the other mitten and start her scarf. Then I have to do everything all over again for B and Iz! Not to mention that I want to start the hat and scarf for myself soon! Hubby has also decided that he wants a new hat. I think we're going to make a trip to the LYS so he can feel some yarns and decide what he wants and in what colors. I also really want to make a Steelers scarf for game days, but that's kinda on the back burner for now.

In other news, Iz started Kindergarten last Tuesday! She had a rough first morning. I thought that she'd be fine since she had been in Pre-K for 2 years in TX. It's totally understandable though. New state, new school, new teacher. She's been doing really well. She seems to be a bit ahead of the curve since she has had 2 years of Pre-K. They are going to be doing testing soon, so we'll see how that goes.

The hubby has surgery on Thursday. He has a torn meniscus and torn ACL. We've been waiting for this to be taken care of for a long time now. I'm glad it's finally being done. In 6-12 months, his knee should be almost back to normal. It will never be 100%, according to the orthopedic surgeon, but that's okay. Anything will be an improvement over now.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. I'm going to go back to drooling over MacBook Pros. I'm thinking of making the switch to Mac. Now to save up the money to buy a new laptop! Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!