Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sad days and a sock

We are leaving for Colorado in less than a week, and now it is time to start saying adios to the great friends I have made here in Texas. It seems that all of the original "Hoodies" are going there own way. One went to San Antonio, another went to Fort Bragg, we're going to Colorado, and another is staying here for a bit, then headed off to bigger and better things also. Then there's my best friend, Angel. Last night we had dinner together for the last time. She gave me the most beautiful necklace and wallet (which I will take pictures of and post later). We laughed, we cried...and we cried some more. They are headed to Georgia and off to much better things. Her hubby will be stable for 3 years, so no deploying. They really need the break from the deployments. Last night is when I realized why people remain friends, even after moving away. I've never really had a close friend that I stayed in contact with after moving. The only person that I would have kept in contact with is the hubby, and he comes with! Angel, on the other hand, is a different breed of friend. She's there when you need her, and not when you want to be alone. We've been through a lot over the past 3 years. She was there when I had Brooke, and through my pregnancy and the birth of Kaelyn. She helped me through my first deployment and kept my mind of the second. She is someone who will always be important to me, and I can only hope we are stationed together again soon.

Now, before I start crying again...LOOK AT MY SOCK!

I know, it looks familiar, doesn't it? Well, I frogged the first one that I had attempted and went with a different pattern. This time I'm doing The Humble Sock Goes Toe Up by Nikki Burns. I'm having a much easier time with it than the last pattern. I did yarn overs for the toe increases because I just wanted to learn the "how-tos" of sock making. For the next sock, I will definitely do another increase. I knew it wouldn't look great going into it, so I'm not that upset.

Well, off to have lunch with another great friend to say another farewell. Don't forget to thank a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear what you have to say!